Southwest Road Trip

This is our road trip to the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Getting Ready


This will be our family's first road trip to the southwest. We have a travel trailer and we will be staying in national, state and private parks along the way. In a nutshell, we will be traveling to Mesa Verde, Four Corners, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands and finally Moab. We leave this Saturday, and the trip will last a couple of weeks. I will use wireless internet where ever I can to make updates to this blog along the way. My first update log should be no later than Sunday night as the private park we will stay in has wireless.
I didn't want to take two laptops with us, so I will be borrowing the oldest daughter's Macintosh iBook to make posts whenever she will let me log on.
Well, everything is almost packed and we will hopefully be able to begin the trip early Saturday morning to make it to Clinton State Park near Kansas City before dark. It will be a quick overnite stop, but I might get a chance to jog through the park before we pull out for Colorado, which is where the sightseeing really begins. We hope that by traveling with the camper, we will be able to see and experience many things along the way.
I will post as many pictures as I can on this blog so stay tuned...

5 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice Looking Rig!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEMI

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a great trip - enjoy the views.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sweetheart! Hope you have a fun filled and safe trip..Love and miss all of you.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Everyone!
    I sure do enjoy seeing the pictures and the info on what is there. You are doing an outstanding job on reporting Mike and I promise I won't heckel you about the typo (by the way, I din't see any errors Ha Ha) I printed it out so I can share with the rest of the family. Have fun, Stay safe..Love and miss you..MOM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home